Sunset Dhow Safari offers our clients a fully catered boat trip to discover and explore the Bazaruto Archipelago.
- delicious Full lunch prepared on the Island (fish, calamari, prawn, rice or pasta, vegs, bread) that can be adapted to vegetarian or celiac
- water and soft drinks for all the day
- transport petrol and National Park fee related to the tour
- snorkeling equipment if needed (we can accommodate all size that you need)
- free pick up at your hotel
- skipper and guide (speaking English)
- Lunch will be cooked and served directly on the beach.
- Traditional Mozambique Dhow made by Mozambican wood called “Chafunta”. The Dhow has comfortable space for 20 people.
- Skin Dive motor boat that can accommodate up to 6 people.
- Suli motor boat that can accommodate up to 15 people
- Sunset Reef motor boat that can accommodate up to 12 people
Our personnel is fully trained, they have years of experience sailing in the Bazaruto area; safety is our first priority, we will do our best anytime we are in the water giving you a remarkable experience discovering the pristine Bazaruto Archipelago.
The Bazaruto Archipelago is considered to be the last tropical paradise in Africa. The protected status and relative isolation from mainland is the reason why nature bursts in full force with a variety of colourful birds (160 different species), amazing marine live (600 different species of fish and different type of corals). This together with the clear crystal blue water, white beaches and dunes will give you a unique and amazing experience.
THE NATIONAL PARK
Bazaruto Archipelago National Park was found in 1971 and actually is the largest marine reserve in the Indian Ocean.
This amazing pristine and unspoiled reserve is composed by five main islands: Bazaruto, Benguerra, Magaruque, St.Carolina and Banguè.
According to the World Wildlife Foundation the archipelago has a population of about 3,500 people living in seven communities.